Sunday, September 12, 2010

St Patricks Athletic vs Shamrock Rovers FC

St.Patrick's Athletic vs Shamrock Rovers
Location : Richmond Park
Date : Friday the 10th of September 2010
Competition : Airtricty League Premier Divison

Report: This Game carried a huge importance on the where the league goes this season , and with both teams in flying form we expected a match full of goals and excitment . We only had to wait 2 minutes for the first say in the match when a corner from Saints Midfielder Brian Cash was swung in , it found an umarked Ryan Guy who headed into the middle of Alan Mannun's goal . 1-0 Saint Patricks Atheltic !
The Saints crowd in the Camac End and the Inchicore End where going crazy ! But then Saints started to sit back and this got the Shamrock Rovers crowd in the Shed End singing !!
The result may not of being going there way but they where stil in full voice , as any manager would say it was the best time to go behind in a game ! But was their a comeback on the way from Rovers' as they had to break down a very good Saints' Side.

After the goal winger Billy Dennehy from Shamrock Rovers won a free-kick after a challenge on him . The free-kick was taken short to midfeilder Stephen Bradley and then swung in but was eventuallty cleared by the Saints' Defense who on the night looked strong after Center Back Conor Kenna was declared fit at around six o'clock that evening . The rain had poured down before the warm up so this led to slick football by both sides . Then came The Hoops first real attack on the 12th minute when Billy Dennehy swung in a cross and was headed over by Player of the Month Aidan Price . Then Shamrock Rovers came again this time with a Danny Murphy left-footed pass over the St.Patrick's defense but just missed out on Thomas Stewart taking it past Keeper Gary Rogers.
Then two very good long throws by Stephen Rice but on both occasions failed to connect with a Rovers' player. Gary Twigg coming the closet on both times. Then Shamrock Rovers won a free-kick on 45 minutes after Gary Twigg was fouled and Chambers swung it in and connected with the head of Craig Sives but hit the post and Gary Rogers was unable to stop Gary Twigg pounching on the rebound and firing it into the Saints Net this caused the Rovers fans in the shed to go Crazy !! The Hoops where level ! St.Pats 1-1 Shamrock Rovers .
And then the half-time whistle went but that did not signal the end of the signing by the Rovers fans as they sang right through half-time !!
The start of the Second half was a bit like the first with St.Pats attacking Shamrock Rovers' Defense and the closet they got was when a slick through ball was played through looking for the ex-Hoop Ian Bermingham but Craig Sives was on hand to put the ball out for a corner . Nothing came from the Corner .
Then came the Saints worry when David Mulcahy failed to clear a corner and Thomas Stewart pounched to score for the Hoops !! The shed was going crazy ! St.Pats 1-2 Shamrock Rovers !!
And you might of been forgiving thinking Shamrock Rovers where done their but when James Chambers played in Kerry-Man Billy Dennehy he powered the ball into the Saints net in front of the Inchicore End ! And this surely wraped up the points for The league leaders . Saints' 1-3 Shamrock Rovers !!
Then Pats tried to get back on level terms when Alan Mannus saved an O'Brien on 75th minutes and again on the 80th minute. The Saints fans where beginning to leave the stadium !! Which really made the Hoops fans happy. Then Right at the death David Mulcahy fired a shot at Alan Mannus but the Northen Ireland international tipped it over the bar .
The final whistle was blown exactly on time and Shamrock Rovers are now 10 points clear of Saint Patricks Athletic. Thanks for reading . Bye for now !
Alex Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment