Saturday, November 27, 2010

ADAM KELLYS END OF SEASON REVIEW

It is time for me to pick my Player of the Month for October, Goal of the Season, my Player of the Year 2010 and my Team of The Year.
 
First up is my player of the month for October. My 3 nominees are;
 
1) Chris Shields (Bray Wanderers)
2) Ciaran Kelly (Sligo Rovers)
3)Gary McCabe (Sligo Rovers)
 
I have chosen these 3 because;
 
Chris Shields- had the courage and bravery to take the penalty to keep Bray up after scoring an own goal.
 
Ciaran Kelly- quite obvious really, only time i have ever seen a keeper save 4 penalties and this happened to be in a cup final and in front of 36 thousand people.
 
Gary McCabe- scored an absolute cracker of a goal versus Drogheda.
 
My Player of the month for October is .................................  CIARAN KELLY
 
 
My goal of the season was an absolute peach. You`ll all remember it as a piece of team quality from UCD. The goal itself was scored by 
Ciaran Kilduff but my word it was unbelievable. The ball didn`t appear to touch the ground for about 10 seconds and when it did it was in the back of the net!
 
My player of the season is the majority of everyone elses player of the year. This of course is 
RICHIE RYAN. He was lucky to get a contract at the start of the season with Sligo and he paid them back magnificently. A string of game-controlling performaces helped Sligo to third in the league, winning the Leage Cup and getting them to the FAI Cup final which he was unfortunately suspended for.
 
And lastly my team of the year:
 
                                               Mannus
    
    Powell                       Murray                               Kenna              Bermingham
 
    Dennehy                    Ryan                                   Turner            McAllister
 
                                     J.Kelly                                Ndo

No comments:

Post a Comment