1. First off Matthew thanks for speaking to the LoI Interview Show.
2. Sligo Rovers won a unique treble of The FAI Cup, The League Cup and Europa league qualification; at the start of the season did you think you could be this successful?
I always knew we would be there or there abouts but we didn’t click straight away because we are a young team but the manager added some experience with Joey, Jim and Boco and to finish with 2 trophies and
Europe was great.
3. You scored the winning goal in the League Cup Final, how did it feel when you saw the ball in the net and a little while later you were on the podium with the trophy?
I hadn’t scored in a few games so 2 score any goal would of been good but 2 score it in a final and it being the winner made it even better.
4. Then a month later you beat St. Pat's to win 3rd spot in the league, did you feel at any point during that game that it wasn't going to be your night?
Not really no they had a couple of efforts but wit the players we had we always have a chance of nicking a goal.
5. When that game finished what was it like in the dressing room?
It was a good feeling but we knew we still had the cup final to go so even so it was a good atmosphere we still had a big game left.
- Then after that your next game was the historic cup final against Shamrock Rovers. You had to sit it out due to a profound suspension, how gutted were you that you couldn't play?
It was a sickener to miss that game and a joke the way it happened! The previous final was nowhere near as good occasion as it was at the aviva so 2 miss it was the lowest point in my career so far.
- And do you reckon that with your own inclusion you could have changed the outcome of the game? Could you have won before penalties?
I can’t really answer that to be honest, I have been in
18months and haven’t scored against shams yet so probably not!! ha-ha.. nah the ginger fox (Eoin Doyle) had a great game and we won so it doesn’t really matter. Ireland
- After the game, what were your feelings? Did you feel a little bit jealous of the lads who were on the Aviva Stadium pitch that day?
I was delighted 4 everyone that we won but id say a little bit envious that I never got the chance to play in front of 36,000 at the aviva who wouldn’t be??!!
- What are your goals now for next season?
Our goals are to try to improve every season if we do that we wont go far wrong!!
- Finally, who is the best player you’ve ever played with/against?
With the ginger fox (Eoin Doyle) and against Degsey (Derek Foran always tops me and only me in training!)
We would like to thank Matthew for his time and stay tuned tomorrow for Enda Curran :)