Saturday, February 5, 2011

Exclusive - Daryl Horgan's First Interview Since Joining Sligo


First off Daryl, thanks for speaking to us

Sound no problem at all

You Joined Sligo after a successful trial against Finn Harps, how did that come about?

I was just lucky I suppose. Paul Cook called me saying that he was interested and wanted to see me up for a bit of pre season and I jumped at the chance

Were there any other offers from clubs in the premier?

There were a couple of offers but when I found out sligo was interested I felt that it was the best move for me

If it were a year earlier, Sligo weren't cup champions and weren't in Europe, would they still have been your big choice?

Yeah because even last year they continuously I tried play and the had a great philosophy on football. It’s just a brilliant place to learn your trade in my opinion

Okay and your also an Ireland international at u-19 level, what is the set-up like at that level?

It’s excellent everything you could need is looked after and the standard of player you play with and against is extremely high

And last year you were with Salthill Devon. What were they like?

Was very good tough year though. It was a massive step up for everyone at the club but also a great experience I’d say they'll do much better next year.

What are you going to miss the most about the club?

The people I suppose I’ve been at the club since I was 5 so I’ve got to spend 13 years with a brilliant club. There’s alot of great people in Salthill doing excellent to constantly improve it

And if they were to lets say get promoted, or even win a cup, would you ever consider a move back?

I would definitely consider it if I felt that they were becoming as much of a force as Sligo and that I would learn as much playing there





And now let’s talk again about Ireland, who is the most influential player in the squad?

I’d have to say either Robbie Brady or Shane Duffy both are over in England and really are excellent players

And back onto Salthill now same question?

I’d have to say probably Robbie Porter also players like Cian Mcbrien and Mike Quirke who had previously played for Galway United

Finally same question Sligo?

They’re all exceptional but I’d have to say Richie Ryan and Gavin peers. They’re extremely demanding and also excellent players. It’s an excellent team to be playing with there is so much talent in the squad

And you set up a goal today for Blinkhorn how did it feel to be I suppose "off the mark" in your Sligo assist/goals career?

Delighted now its always good to get off the mark hopefully I’ll get plenty of both this season

And who has the best fashion sense in the squad from your short time there???

Alan Keane and John Russell are pretty slick characters. They probably have the best fashion sense to be honest

And reveal it, worst???

I couldn’t be saying that now they would get me back somehow

Haha okay and on the way to a match what sort of tunes are you listening to?

Anything at all that comes up usually a bit a dance or rap though


And our last question is what is your favourite movie???

Anchorman but any movie at all with Will Ferrell will do the man is a genius.


We would like to thank Daryl and WISH HIM THE VERY BEST IN HIS SLIGO CAREER!


The people I suppose I’ve been at the club since I was 5 so I’ve got to spend 13 years with a brilliant club. There’s alot of great people in Salthill doing excellent to constantly improve it


The people I suppose I’ve been at the club since I was 5 so I’ve got to spend 13 years with a brilliant club. There’s alot of great people in Salthill doing excellent to constantly improve it

No comments:

Post a Comment